IMPORTANT: When using the NTN Gradebook, all assignments should be created through the NTN Gradebook and not with Canvas' native assignments pages.
To create an assignment using the NTN Gradebook:
- From the couse home page, click NTN Gradebook from the course navigation menu.
- Click the Assignments tab.
- Click + icon in the assignment category to open the Create Assignment modal.
- Select the type of assignment from the drop down menu
- Input the title and due date for the assignment
- Enter the points possible for each scoring category. Teachers can use a single category, multiple categories, or all categories.
- Click Save Only to save the assignment and return to the NTN Gradebook.
- Click Save and Score to save and launch the assignment scoring grid (only available for On Paper and No submission assignment types)
- Click Save and Edit to save and open the Canvas assignment editor to add directions/links/etc.
The NTN Gradebook is constantly being improved based on the feedback from users and we strive to keep our documentation up to date. If this document doesn't match what you are currently seeing, please let us know.