IMPORTANT: When using the NTN Gradebook, all quizzes should be created through the NTN Gradebook and not with Canvas' native assignment pages.
To create a quiz using the NTN Gradebook:
- From the course home page, click NTN Gradebook from the course navigation menu.
- Click the Assignments tab.
- Click + icon for the assignment group the quiz is being created in to open the Create Assignment modal.
- Change the assignment type to Quiz.
- Input the name of the quiz.
- Select the target scoring category and enter the points possible. Note that quizzes can only be applied to one category. If you would like to assess two separate categories, separate the questions into two separate quizzes.
- Configure the quiz due date as desired
- Click Save and Edit to be taken to the assignment editor for the quiz.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Build to launch the Canvas Quiz Builder.
- To import questions, click the Item Bank button.
- To manually create questions, click the blue [+] button.
- Select the type of question you wish to create and fill out the required fields. For more information on Cavas' question types and fields, see "How do I create quiz with individual questions?".
The NTN Gradebook is constantly being improved based on the feedback from users and we strive to keep our documentation up to date. If this document doesn't match what you are currently seeing, please let us know.