New Tech Network strives to protect student data. This article describes the NTN Gradebook's hosting and encryption information and provides a list of the data it shares with Canvas.
Hosting and Encryption
- The NTN Gradebook plugin for Canvas is hosts data on the Heroku platform which is PCI, HIPPAA, ISO, and SOC compliant. More information can be found at https://www.heroku.com/policy/security
- The NTN Gradebook uses industry-standard HTTPS encrypted direct communications with the Canvas-LMS system
- Before any data is presented to the user, the NTN Gradebook uses LTI security (HMAC-SHA1) for authentication
- The NTN Gradebook has no other data sources outside the Canvas system and all interaction are only allowed through LTI-authenticated users
- The NTN Gradebook maintains audit logs showing manual access of date